Part No. HF6
• To get the best sound from your system you need a pure, clean mains supply
• Olson's award winning Sound Fantastic range of power distribution units are fitted with a mains RFI filter, earthline choke, transient suppressor and screened supply cable to give a cleaner power source, which gives you the sound you deserve
• The Sound Fantastic range of units are designed for the home and professional audio markets
• Robust steel construction with black (RAL 9005) paint finish
• UK 13A sockets with panel mounted incoming 10A fuse
• RFI 10A mains filter and surge suppressor
• External earth stud
• 2M 1.5mm² screened cable terminated with UK 13A plug (10A fuse fitted)
View the WhatHifi review for Sound Fantastic here.
|Product Range||Sound Fantastic|
|Socket Outlet Type||UK 13A|
|No. of Sockets||6|
|Fuse Link||Fuse Link - BS 1363|
|Plug / Inlet Type||UK 13A (BS1363) Plug|
|Colour||Black (RAL 9005)|
|Current Rating||13A max.|
|Operating Voltage||Normal Operating Voltage: 230VAC - Maximum Operating Voltage: 250VAC|
|Socket Outlet Compliance||13 Amp Sockets - BS 1363|
|Cable Compliance||BS 6500|
|CE Compliance||EN 60950 CE|
|Country of Manufacture||United Kingdom|
I have been listening to music seriously for over 50 years and my system has gradually changed as time went by. Now my system consists of an RP8 deck with Apheta MC cartridge and Aria Phono amplifier, Apollo CD player and Elicit amplifier all by REGA. Interconnects are Chord Clearway for vinyl and Chord Cobra for CD with Chord Clearway speaker cable. The loudspeakers are a Rogers transmission line design using KEF drivers. I thought the sound was now probably about the best I could achieve within a pensioner’s budget.
Over the years various tweaks suggested by the HiFi press such as raising components on isolation cones, fitting caps to any un-used RCA input/output sockets, changing to shielded power cords, etc. were incorporated with each bringing its own improvement in reducing RFI and mains borne interference.
Then I read a report on the Olson HF6 in the HiFi press. The report was very favourable so I thought it was worth a try. What a revelation! The sound is noticeably better through the HF6. Everything is so much clearer and that the individual instruments and melodic themes in a symphony are much easier to follow. The sound is generally more open and spacious with deeper bass and clearer trebles. Even bells have a greater reverberation and really sound like bells, the piano in a concerto stands out in its clarity and Clair Teal is actually in the room singing just to me!
Worth a try? You bet!